- Level 2
I work from a humanistic perspective which means I am interested in how you see yourself, your relationships and your world. Through exploring this, I will help you to identify where you are experiencing difficulties or blocks to your growth and together we will consider ways in which you might choose to change your circumstances, attitudes or ways of being to promote your strengths and achieve your goals.
I am particularly interested in helping people who feel dissatisfied with themselves and/or their relationships and who are therefore experiencing anxiety, depression or general unhappiness. I have particular experience in supporting people who have experienced difficult or abusive childhoods.
- MA in Counselling - University of Manchester
- Certificate in Counselling - Central School of Counselling
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology - Manchester Metropolitan University
- Certificate in Supervision of Counselling and Psychotherapy - Macclesfield Counselling Centre
Introduction to Mindfulness Resilience Enhancement
Solution-Focused Strategies in Therapy
Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation
Foundation Certificate in Art Therapy
Using Creativity as a Therapeutic Tool in Counselling
Use of Outcome Measures in Counselling
Safeguarding Adults at Risk
‘Not Among the Chosen’ – Neglect and Abuse in Childhood and Adolescence
Working with Diversity in Counselling Practice
OCST Certificate in Online Counselling (telephone and webcam)
British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (Accredited) - BACP
Our first session will be £25; after that, for a session of counselling, I charge on a sliding scale from £40 to £55, depending on your circumstances. I can also offer reduced session fees if you are able to book a block of sessions and pay in advance.
Struggling to cope with life? Worn down with worries? Are your relationships under strain? Living throws up difficulties for all of us and we can feel very alone when confronted with these. Stress, anxiety, grief or depression can throw us off track. If you are feeling unhappy, anxious or lost, I can help you work through your concerns and emotions to a place where you can feel peace and pleasure again. As an accredited counsellor with a special interest in family relationships and self-esteem, I have lots of experience of helping people identify the blocks that are holding them back so that they can move forward to achieve their potential and make stronger, more satisfying relationships.
I will do my best to understand what is happening for you and offer both the space for you to be heard and ideas about how you might change your situation. It can really help to talk over your experiences and explore your emotions with someone who isn't involved and who can offer support and perhaps a different perspective.
I am a qualified counsellor and a registered and accredited member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy [BACP]. I have worked with a wide range of people, supporting them through a variety of difficulties in their lives, including:
- relationship issues
- family issues
- separation and divorce
- loss and bereavement
- anger management
- life choices
- abuse - both current and historical
- stress at work or at home
- coping with emotionally demanding careers
Counselling is a place where you can talk privately about your life and your relationships. Some people use this space to:
- express feelings or thoughts that they don’t feel able to express anywhere else
- work out how they feel and what they think about important events or situations in their life
- work through issues that are affecting their relationships and consider how to move forward
- explore a problem and perhaps the different options they have [or which a counsellor might suggest] for dealing with that problem
- take time out from difficult situations or feelings
- learn better ways for coping with difficult emotions or situations