Hello. My name is Henriette. I help people who feel overwhelmed, emotionally distressed, anxious or stressed out by relentless life pressures. Do your relationships with family or colleagues usually result in drama or chaos?
I am an integrative psychotherapeutic counsellor providing person-centred therapy on one-to-one basis. This means we can explore your emotional distress in a flexible way at your own pace from different viewpoints and find ways to manage:
• feeling sad due to life changes like menopause, bereavement/grief
• hurt or other worries.
• loss of health, or terminal illness like cancer, loneliness,
• low mood
• low self-confidence
• low self-esteem
• panic disorder
• relationship problems due to affairs and betrayals or separation and divorce
• traumatic experiences
It can be nerve-wracking to open-up emotionally about intimate and private issues that are holding you back in life. Long term emotional suffering from anxiety and stress also affect your physical body. So, well done on taking the first courageous step to take more control over your circumstances.
I am an Accredited Registrant with the National Counselling Society and can provide you with a safe confidential space where you can explore your personal dilemmas. For online counselling work I am registered with the Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO).
I support local clients in person in Bridgwater, Somerset, UK and online clients via Zoom. We can work in real time via video/webcam, voice only (like telephone counselling) or instant chat (IM). Or if you prefer a delayed response time I offer email counselling via ProtonMail. Some clients find it helpful to switch between the different mediums whereas others prefer to stick to their preferred way of communication. The way of communication is your choice where you feel safest to:
• explore and make sense of curious, sad, anger-provoking, embarrassing, shameful or traumatic experiences;
• learn how automatic negative thoughts cause negative feelings and unhelpful behaviours including how to change these thoughts to experience more positive emotions and helpful behaviours;
• learn coping strategies or relaxation techniques to improve your mental well-being and manage anger , anxiety or stress;
• understand how you relate to yourself and others. This might explain distress or conflict situations with loved ones, friends or colleagues.
I am here to support you. Either indirectly, if you need to talk at your own pace or come to terms with a sad or difficult experience. Alternatively, a more directive approach using psychoeducation and cognitive behavioural therapy (cbt) tools might be more appropriate if you want to change an unhelpful behaviour or learn to cope with anxiety and stress. Such approach may involve keeping journals, diary notes or working on goals between sessions.
Your problem is never too small and I shall always give you my full non-judgmental attention.
I look forward to hearing from you and until then, treat yourself how you would treat a good friend.
Integratively trained to integrate techniques from Person-Centred, Gestalt, Transactional Analysis, Psychosynthesis, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic therapy, Guided Imagery, Meditation & Relaxation techniques.
Stress and Anxiety
• Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
• Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Practice
• Level 3 Counselling Certificate
• Level 2 Counselling Certificate
• Awareness in Bereavement Care - The Cruse Foundation Course for Working with Bereaved Adults
• Rewind Technique
General Certificate in Online Counselling & Psychotherapy
National Counselling Society (NCS) - Accredited Member (MNCS)
Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO)
National Counselling Society (NCS) and
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
I have been seeing online clients regularly since August 2019 after I gained my online counselling qualifications. Although prior to that I had seen local "in-person" clients on ad hoc bases during adverse weather conditions.
Real time media - video/webcam, voice only (like telephone counselling) or instant chat (IM) via Zoom
Delayed response time media - email counselling via ProtonMail. Some clients find it helpful to switch between the different mediums whereas others prefer to stick to their preferred way of communication. The way of communication is your choice
£45 for Initial Assessment Session
£45 for ongoing "pay as you go" sessions on open-ended basis