IMPORTANT NOTICE september 9TH 2021
We are experiencing dificulties with not all entries showing up. This is because the website is in the final renewal stages. We should have a new easier to navigate directory for you very soon.
Find an online therapist, online counsellor or online psychotherapist in ACTO's online therapist directory
- Level 2
I work to an integrative therapeutic framework (mainly calling on person-centred, psychodynamic/psychoanalytic, cognitive-behavioural theories) with a solution-focused emphasis.
- CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- FDsc In Integrative Counselling
- Solution-Focused Therapy training
- Keeping Adults Safe and Child Protection training
- Substance Misuse Awareness and Working With Addiction training
- Understanding and Recognising Sex Addition training
- Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults training
Advanced Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Registered/Accredited Member. MBACP (Accred)
BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions (2018)
I have been working with clients in an online capacity using Zoom since 2020.
Online (via Zoom)
Introductory Session = £15
Personal Programme Session = £40
Thank you for taking the time to visit my profile.
There are times in everyone’s life when you can feel or begin to recognise that you may not be living your life to your own personal potential.
It might be that:
- Something that happened in your past is still unresolved, and it is taking up a lot of your mental and emotional capacity to carry around that 'unfinished business' with you.
- Your feel like your life is out of balance, and is not functioning as you would like it to in the ‘now’.
- You are unsure about how to move forward into your future in a manner that will see you live your life to your full potential, or you do not feel confident to do so.
- You are grappling with and trying to work through a major life landmark in your life (such as the start or end of a relationship, taking a new career path, coming to terms with a bereavement or facing a health issue), that is putting pressure on you.
If one or more of the above is impacting on your mental and emotional wellbeing, naturally this can limit your ability to donate your time and energies to unlocking your own personal potential in order to give yourself the best possible life you can.
About MANN uP
I established MANN uP in 2017. MANN uP is a male-affirmative counselling, mentoring and life coaching practice, OPEN TO ALL (both males and females), that promotes personal and collective advancement.
MANN uP services are designed to support you to improve the state of your psychological health (your levels of mental and emotional wellbeing).
MANN uP believes that there is a strong connection and correlation between your psychological health and the state of your wellbeing in other parts of your life (your physical health and fitness levels, the quality of the relationships in your life, your academic or professional performance, and the hobbies, interests and passions you pursue to give you life a sense of enjoyment and fun).
Having high levels of psychological strength, stamina and resilience empowers you to be in a better position to unlock your potential in all those areas of your life, and making advances in your physical, relational, vocational or recreational wellbeing has a positive impact on your psychological health too.
The services provided by MANN uP are based on what as known as an integrative therapy framework.
This MANN uP integrative framework calls mainly on teachings from the humanistic/person-centred, psychoanalytical/psychodynamic and cognitive/behavioural therapeutic approaches that blends together the impactful elements of these three approaches in a manner that considers the whole person.
It brings the benefit to you of being flexible and tailored to emphasise or focus on areas that you wish to explore and address, rather than trying to constrict you to one particular way of working that may not best address your unique needs.
It also incorporates the principles of advancement and attuning to and unlocking the potential of your innate strengths, talents, and evidenced patterns of achievement contained in the solution-focused therapeutic approach.
The solution-focused approach encourages you to embrace that in life there is no such thing as 'perfect'. Rather than setting impossible to achieve standards for yourself, you embrace the philosophy of doing your best, being your best, and trying your hardest, not be 'perfect', but to move forward in your life by setting achievable personal goals that help you live your life to your own potential.
How I Can Help and Support You
You may have a particular issue, challenge, or life landmark that is impacting your mental and emotional wellbeing, that you would like support to better understand and work though.
Or if may be that there is not a particular issue you need to work on, but you would like to get into the general habit of proactively investing in building and maintaining your levels of mental and emotional ‘fitness’.
I work with a wide range of client mental and emotional wellbeing issues and have experience of working with:
- Generalised feelings of unhappiness, unease or anxiety
- Relationship health issues (including: family, social, romantic and sexual relationship issues)
- Work health issues (including: workplace stress, workplace bullying, career stagnation, career change)
- Issues connected to sexuality, sexual identity or sexual functioning
- Physical health issues (including: illness or dissatisfaction with current levels of fitness or physical appearance)
- Unresolved issues from your past that are still impacting on your mental and emotional health
- Bereavement, loss and grief
- Low self-esteem or confidence levels
- Patterns of unhelpful thinking or behaving that are damaging you or holding you back (including: social anxiety or withdrawal, substance misuse, lack of assertiveness)
- Issues connected to handling or expressing your emotions (including feelings of emotional turmoil or detachment, or difficulty containing and expressing emotions such as love, sadness or anger
What to Expect
If you decide to work with me what can you expect from the experience? You can expect (and are entitled to), confidentiality, discretion, total respect, and an atmosphere of acceptance, non-judgement and positive regard. You can also expect a focus on collaborative working to unlock and maintain your own personal potential. It will be your journey, you decide the pace, focus and scope, and I will work will work with you in whichever manner is right for you.
I look forward to meeting you and partnering with you on your personal advancement journey. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about engaging in a programme that will help unlock your potential.