Hi, I am Caroline Hewitt and I am the founding member of Centred Counselling. I am a qualified Person Centred Counsellor and a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Sometimes in this fast-paced life, we lose track of who we are and what we genuinely want for ourselves, it’s easy to become overwhelmed and stuck. Our thoughts and feelings don’t always match up and sometimes they are based in past events or future concerns, this can make day to day living quite a struggle.
In my practice, it is my aim to offer you a safe space where you can begin to unpick what is happening for you, even if you’re not sure where to start. Though it often doesn’t feel like it, I believe that each person is unique and has an innate ability towards healing and in my role as a counsellor, I will endeavour to journey alongside you as you discover this for yourself.
You can find out more information and book an appointment on the Centred Counselling website.
My practice offers predominantly Person Centred therapy because it recognises our base needs as human beings to feel safe, accepted without judgement and to be understood. I am however able to offer alternative ways of working, should you be interested. I have experience of working creatively with elements from:
Mindfulness and Grounding techniques
I welcome expression through sandtray, writing, drawing, timelines, music..
Centred Counselling has extensive experience of supporting clients through a wide range of challenges. At the heart of everything we do is the recognition that every client is an individual with their own specific needs. A summary of some of the most frequent issues can be found here: https://centredcounselling.com/our-services/
- Diploma in Online Counselling (OCST)
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Practitioners Certificate in Effective Neuroscience and Attachment Theory Jan 2017
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Level 3 Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- National Diploma in Social Care
- Level 3 ELKLAN (Speech and Language)
Other Relevant Training:
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery – PODS
- Working with Relational Trauma – PODS
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation – PODS Oct
- Living and working with Dissociation – PODS
- Working with Personality Adaptations – Helen Manning
- STORM – Self Injury CAMHS
- Personality disorders – Helen Manning
Online Counselling Diploma (OCST)
I am a member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) registration number 219057
and also ACTO (Association for Counselling and Therapy online) registration number 512
BACP and ACTO
Over the years I have gained experience of working online by volunteering on LGBT helplines and with the Samaritans. I recognise that their can be a multitude of reasons that may prevent a person from accessing face to face counselling but that online counselling can be just as beneficial.
I offer counselling via:
Face to Face
Email counselling is charged at £40 a response.
Instant messenger, Video or Phone Counselling are charged at £40 a session.
Face to face counselling is £40 a session.