Find an online supervisor in ACTO's online supervisors directory
- Counselling for Depression (CfD). 2018-2019. NICE guideline intervention for Recurring
- Mindfulness MCBT (Mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy) Group Facilitator training. 2016 - 2019. Achieved.
- EMDR Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing). Certificate of Standard Training in EMDR Therapy, (2018).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling. (2014) University of Central Lancashire
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Diploma. (2016) Bolton
- Certificate in Person Centred Expressive Therapy. (2015) Dinah Brown, Kendal (72 hrs CPD).
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Life Coaching. Manchester College of Coaching and Hypnosis (2015)
- BACP Endorsed Training and Supervision of Counsellors and Psychotherapists. University of Strathclyde (2014)
- Professional Counselling Diploma. Warrington Collegiate. 2009-2011
- Psychology BSc Hons. University of Bolton. (BPS accredited). 2007- 2010
- Certificate in Education. UCLAN. 2006-2007
I’m a BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor in Sheffield UK, with many years NHS and private practice experience, and 4 years online supervision experience. I offer supervision for qualified person-centred and humanistic counsellors/therapists. I would hope to encourage you to explore work with clients without feeling defensive or judged. You may also wish to be open to a fresh perspective on your practice, and may appreciate appropriate challenge in the spirit of mutual interest in developing your learning edge.
My aim is to help you develop in your reflective practice. I would hope to support you in making ongoing and richer connections between your theory and practice.
I aim to offer a safe and stimulating space in which you can share both successes and dilemmas. We will mutually explore best practice and find creative ways to express it in your work.
I work with close regard to counselling contexts, whether place of work or training organisation.
I have been working in mental health (NHS, private practice, counselling agencies, EAP, universities) since 2002, and am a BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor. I have substantial experience offerring individual and group supervision to counsellors/therapists in private practice, to NHS staff, to staff in counselling agencies, and to non-counsellor helping professionals.
Supervision is available in one-hour, 90 minute or 2-hour sessions. Fees are £45 per hour. The BACP Ethical Framework (or equivalent) will generally inform our discussions around ethical issues you encounter.
I work Mondays to Wednesdays. Choosing the right supervisor is important to your practice. I welcome you to come and talk openly and freely about your supervision needs.
Do contact me on 07880 864354, or via email@example.com, if you’d like to find out more in a non-chargeable introductory discussion.
Please note that although I am a qualified supervisor with experience of offering supervision online, I am not specifically ACTO-qualified.