BECOME AN ACTO SENIOR PROFESSIONAL MEMBER (Level 3)
Senior Professional Members of ACTO have proved
that they have achieved the highest level of proficiency in online therapy
As an ACTO Senior Professional Member you will:
- Have access to the Membership areas of the ACTO site
- Receive our newsletters and professional advice on online therapy
- Be able to join the ACTO closed FaceBook group
- Join in the conversation about online therapy
- Reap the Membership Benefits of ACTO
- Have full access to the ACTO International Database (coming soon)
- And access the R&D online information hub (also coming soon!)
- Be admitted to the ACTO Professional Register as a Senior Professional Member
- Have an enhanced entry in the ACTO ‘Find a Therapist’ register on the ACTO site (if requested)
- Be consulted on issues of significance in ACTO’s area of expertise.
ACTO Senior Professional Membership (Level 3) is open to counsellors, psychotherapists, clinical psychologists, CBT therapists etc. who have:
i. completed a core professional training;
ii. are qualified therapists, Registered with BACP, UKCP, BPC, BPS, BABCP, NCS *
iii. have professional indemnity insurance
iv. produced a satisfactory reference from their online clinical supervisor.
And have completed a Level 3 (Diploma level) course in online therapy with an ACTO Online Training Provider**:
1. Covering and extending the core ACTO competences;
- Tutor-led teaching;
- Including all the elements of theLevel 1 (Certificate level) course
- Incorporate additional elements such as:
Received personal online therapy of 10+ hours;
Address four media for delivering online therapy;
Presented and demonstrated aspects of their own clinical work;
Prepared materials for online work
Incorporate written worke.g. book reviews, theoretical and clinical papers
Studied novel media of online therapy etc.
- Produced a case study of 2,500 words.
* If your Registering body isn’t here, please contact us.
** You can also become an ACTO Member by ‘Grand-parenting’. Coming soon
If you are unsure what level your course is, please refer to your Online Training Provider who will provide you the information.